Your best marketers are your customers. User-generated reviews can make or break a product’s success, and there’s a tidal wave of statistics to prove it. Here are a few:
• 72% of consumers don’t take action until they’ve read reviews
• Reviews can boost conversion rates up to 380% for more expensive products
• 97% of shoppers say reviews influence buying decisions
• 84% of customers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations
• Millennials trust user-generated content 50% more than traditional media
With the myriad of syndication and product sampling options, concern surrounding fake reviews, and Federal Trade Commission regulation, the business of reviews has exploded and is ever-evolving. Best practices change quickly.
We’ve gleaned unique insight from thousands of reviews generated inside the BILT app. Here are three things we learned:
1. Ask Early
Customers are most likely to talk about their product within 8 to 24 hours of opening the box.
This is a short window, folks.
Logistics systems can alert you when customers receive products at their doorstep, but it’s a guessing game to know when your customer has opened the package and used your product, especially for merchandise that requires set-up, assembly or installation. You don’t want to ask for feedback before the customer has even unboxed the product, but at the same time, don’t wait a week.