Located in the Dallas – Ft. Worth (DFW) metroplex near DFW airport and Southlake Town Square, BILT Incorporated is a fast-growing SaaS startup company that is rapidly revolutionizing the interaction customers have with the brands and products they buy. BILT’s 3D interactive Intelligent Instructions® are a unique differentiator that provides a superior customer experience for assembly and installation of products for retail and professional customers. Brands on BILT see a dramatic increase in positive customer sentiment and a reduction in product returns and customer support costs — which improves a company’s bottom line and turns users into product promoters. BILT also provides brands with valuable analytics that measure the entire instruction experience. BILT connects the manufacturer to their end users through product registration and storing of receipts and warranty information.
About the Job
BILT is looking for top talent, high-potential individuals to be senior leaders inside our innovative culture. We are looking for risk takers who are seeking opportunities to change, develop and solve industry-changing problems.
BILT Incorporated is seeking a dynamic, experienced Vice President of User Experience Design to join our world-class product team, where this candidate’s expertise will be applied to interaction design, information architecture, and visual design. The new Vice President of User Experience Design will collaborate closely with a team of product managers, developers, and designers and will lead a growing team of UX/UI Designers to drive business success
- Drive business impact by contributing to plan/product design testing/piloting, and market launch efforts
- Anticipate issues and troubleshoot by ensuring implications of the products are identified and resolved prior to the successful product launch
- Understand the business objectives, user needs, and define UX goal scopes, and plan design activities for a project, end to end
- Collaborate with product teams to drive innovative and modernized design initiatives when it comes to application tools and product development
- Train, develop, and lead high performing UX/UI teams towards their own personal growth along with overall team success
- Partner with business and technical stakeholder, to solve complex business and technical requirements, and drive intuitive user-centered solutions
- Challenge the current business as usual design standards and continuously look for improvement
- Analyze performance data to identify opportunities to improve user experiences, increase conversion, and optimize efficiencies
- Work closely with analytics, sales, product, and account management teams to ensure systems and programs are satisfying consumer needs and driving the business
- Communicate and pitch creative design concepts and roadmap initiatives to outside groups (executives, product owners, development teams, sales team etc.)
- Work with prototype developers, or prototype yourself, for rapid deployment
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
- 12 – 15 years of relevant experience in a creative/design position
- Extensive experience managing complex business and technical solutions
- Demonstrated experience as a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly, effectively influencing across cross functional teams.
- Portfolio demonstrating excellence in user experience design for both web and mobile interactions
- Experience delivering with an agile methodology
- Deep knowledge of user-centered design methods for innovation and ideation including contextual inquiry
- Strong practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies and usability principles
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, tablets, phones, photocopiers, email and various communication programs (Zoom, Teams, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. This job requires the employee to lift at least 25 pounds infrequently.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The award-winning BILT app provides 3D interactive Intelligent Instructions® that are voice & text guided. Beginning with a product overview, BILT includes tools required, parts included and directs the procedure with a self-pacing play/pause capability. Tap. Zoom. Rotate. Register the product. Track the warranty. BILT provides the consumer an opportunity to review the product and assign a Net Promoter Score (NPS) corresponding to a star rating. BILT has proven to increase NPS, star ratings, product registrations and brand loyalty while reducing returns, calls to customer support, assembly time and errors.
BILT empowers brands with analytics on each product and fundamentally changes the way companies connect to their consumers. Manufacturers maintain control of their content; updates to instructions can be made in real time, so they’re never obsolete. BILT supports manufacturers’ efforts to go green by minimizing paper instructions, warranty and registration cards.
For more company information go to: https://biltapp.com
To submit an application for this position, send your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*This position is in the Grapevine Brand Support Center in Texas. Not a remote position.
BILT is an equal-opportunity employer and a veteran-friendly company.