Located in the Dallas – Ft. Worth (DFW) metroplex near DFW airport and Southlake Town Square, BILT Incorporated is a fast-growing SaaS startup company that is rapidly revolutionizing the interaction customers have with the brands and products they buy. BILT’s 3D interactive Intelligent Instructions® are a unique differentiator that provides a superior customer experience for assembly and installation of products for retail and professional customers. Brands on BILT see a dramatic increase in positive customer sentiment and a reduction in product returns and customer support costs — which improves a company’s bottom line and turns users into product promoters. BILT also provides brands with valuable analytics that measure the entire instruction experience. BILT connects the manufacturer to their end users through product registration and storing of receipts and warranty information.
About the Senior Accountant Job
The successful candidate will be responsible for cash management, payroll, travel and expense management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, sales tax, fixed assets, reconciliations, and journal entries ensuring business transactions are reported in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Additionally, the successful candidate will aid with financial reporting, month-end close, budgeting/forecasting, financial analysis, tax data preparations, documentation and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures, and annual audit. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy workplace and is well-versed in working closely with senior management.
- Perform various operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, sales tax, payroll, fixed assets, cash management, travel and expense management, journal entries, and reconciliations
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements and manages a system of internal controls over financial reporting to minimize risk
- Assist in the preparation of periodic financial reporting packages, month-end close and financial data analysis ensuring the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Produce and maintain budgets, which include tracking and processing reconciliation, forecasting, fixed asset additions, and record appropriate depreciation/amortization values; report significant budget differences to management
- Calculate revenue recognition as per ASC 606
- Partner with HR and PEO in hiring documentation and payroll processes
- Prepare general ledger and balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare data for the preparation of taxes and end of year forms processing including 1099s
- Complete special projects and ad hoc reporting as needed
- Work closely with the Controller and senior management team, partner with sales, marketing and operations teams and possess an extreme Outward Mindset
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner.
- See the “big picture,” as the position is a hands-on, take-initiative, and self-starting role that requires attention to detail
- All BILT employees are brand ambassadors for BILT and will be asked to participate weekly (sometimes daily) in social campaigns to assist with the promotion of BILT
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational and analytical skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software and other system programs as needed, which may include QuickBooks Online Enterprise Edition, SAAS Optics, Salesforce, Workfront, Bill.com, MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook, MS Teams, Zoom, and Google docs
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, lookups and handling large amounts of data) required.
- Personable, enthusiastic, innovative, a fast learner, a positive attitude and be a team leader and player.
- High integrity and work ethic
- Masters or bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Five years or more in a Senior Accounting or Financial role, with a minimum of two years in a Public Accounting firm and auditing experience, preferably in the technology or financial industries
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant is required
- Experience with SAAS revenue and ASC 606 experience preferred
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, tablets, phones, photocopiers, email and various communication programs (Zoom, Teams, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. This job requires the employee to lift at least 25 pounds infrequently.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The award-winning BILT app provides 3D interactive Intelligent Instructions® that are voice & text guided. Beginning with a product overview, BILT includes tools required, parts included and directs the procedure with a self-pacing play/pause capability. Tap. Zoom. Rotate. Register the product. Track the warranty. BILT provides the consumer an opportunity to review the product and assign a Net Promoter Score (NPS) corresponding to a star rating. BILT has proven to increase NPS, star ratings, product registrations and brand loyalty while reducing returns, calls to customer support, assembly time and errors.
BILT empowers brands with analytics on each product and fundamentally changes the way companies connect to their consumers. Manufacturers maintain control of their content; updates to instructions can be made in real time, so they’re never obsolete. BILT supports manufacturers’ efforts to go green by minimizing paper instructions, warranty and registration cards.
For more company information go to: https://biltapp.com
To submit an application for this position, send your resume to: email@example.com
*This position is in the Grapevine Brand Support Center in Texas. Not a remote position.
BILT, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, veterans’ status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities