Located in the Dallas-Ft. Worth (DFW) metroplex near DFW airport and the Southlake Town Square, BILT Incorporated is a fast-growing SaaS startup company that is rapidly revolutionizing the interaction customers have with the brands and products they buy. BILT’s 3D interactive Intelligent Instructions® are a unique differentiator that provides a superior customer experience for assembly and installation of products for retail and professional customers. BILT users will see a dramatic increase in positive customer sentiment, and a reduction in product returns and customer support costs – all of which improve a company’s bottom line and turns their users into promoters of their brand. BILT also provides brands with valuable analytics that measures the entire instruction experience. BILT also connects the manufacturer to their end users through product registration and storing of receipts and warranty information.
About The Job
BILT Quality Assurance Specialists are assigned to the BILT Instruction Design Center of Excellence and oversee all aspects of making sure BILT procedures are aligned to the standards set forth. They must be able to quickly review files with an exacting eye for discrepancies, have excellent communication skills, and be dedicated to their job. This position requires attention to detail and a high degree of technical acuity. Technical writing skills are a must.
We are currently looking for full time specialist that are interested in joining our effort to change, develop, and solve industry changing problems. The Quality Assurance Specialist will conduct testing on software and mobile application program to identify and resolve bugs, instruction defects, and other potential issues in product assemblies. If you see yourself being involved in something transformational, BILT would like to talk to you.
- Ability to read instruction manuals for manufactured products and understand the assembly process.
- Ability to quickly master the BILT Standards and possess an extreme Outward Mindset to provide effective support to BILT’s brands.
- Reviews design specifications to understand the scope, requirements, and function of the software product for instruction designs.
- Identifies appropriate parameters, functions, and data to test and validate; parameters may include general function, validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and compliance with product user instructions.
- Conducts testing to ensure 3D Instructions perform according to user requirements and within established guidelines.
- When instructions files do not align with user instructions specifications, reports defects to appropriate team communication while identifying and recommending solutions, improvements, and updates.
- Extensive knowledge of software and 3D procedure software testing including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored jobs, and error replication.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details in product assembly
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to serve as a liaison with developers, project managers, and customer support.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Workfront, Google Sheets, Adobe Acrobat, Mobile Applications or related software.
- Collaborates well with others during review of standards, procedure feedback, tools review, and process improvement sessions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year university or college or equivalent years of experience.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, tablets, phones, email and various communication programs (Zoom, Slack, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This job requires the employee to lift at least 25 pounds infrequently.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The award-winning BILT app provides 3D interactive Intelligent Instructions® that are voice & text-guided. Beginning with a product overview, BILT includes tools required, parts included and gently directs the procedure step by step. Tap. Zoom. Rotate. Register the product. Capture and save the receipt. Track the warranty. BILT provides the consumer with an opportunity to review the product assembly and assign a Net Promoter Score (NPS) corresponding to a star rating. BILT has proven to increase NPS, star ratings, product registrations and brand loyalty while reducing returns, calls to customer support, assembly time and errors.
BILT empowers brands with analytics on each product and fundamentally changes the way companies connect to their customers. Manufacturers maintain control of their content; updates to instructions can be made in real time, so they’re never obsolete. BILT supports manufacturers’ and customers’ efforts to go green by minimizing paper instructions, warranty and registration cards.