Located in the Dallas-Ft. Worth (DFW) metroplex near DFW airport and the Southlake Town Square, BILT Incorporated is a fast-growing SaaS startup company that is rapidly revolutionizing the interaction customers have with the brands and products they buy. BILT’s 3D interactive Intelligent Instructions® are a unique differentiator that provides a superior customer experience for assembly and installation of products for retail and professional customers. BILT users will see a dramatic increase in positive customer sentiment, and a reduction in product returns and customer support costs — all of which improve a company’s bottom line and turns their users into promoters of their brand. BILT also provides brands with valuable analytics that measures the entire instruction experience. BILT also connects the manufacturer to their end users through product registration and storing of receipts and warranty information.
About the Job
Are you the type of person your friends and family go to when they need something assembled, installed or repaired? Would you prefer to do it yourself rather than hire someone? Does your toolbox consist of more than a pair of scissors and duct tape? Do you know how to spell duct tape? Are you artistic, skilled in animation, and a visual communicator? We’re looking for mechanically inclined people who also have an artistic side and experience in animation and technical illustration.
BILT is seeking animators, technical illustrators and graphic artists to work as BILT Instruction Designers to create content for the BILT app. We are looking for individuals who are self-motivated, have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, communicate effectively and take direction. BILT Instruction Designers work with Brand Support Teams (BSTs) to support the customer journey of the brands assigned to the BSTs. They ensure the instructions are created properly and always up to date.
- Ability to interpret existing 2D assembly instructions and using customer CAD, turn them into 3D animations utilizing various CAD applications with 3D modeling as a plus
- Proficient in the management of complex tasks from start to finish with tight deadlines in modeling, CAD, and Technical Writing that will use our software to create a new and revolutionary consumer experience.
- Strong technical capacity with the ability to read and understand manuals and technical documentation
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test- driven development
- Solid computer skills with a working knowledge of MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong writing and grammar skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates required skills and detailed attention to typography, color, imagery, motion, and graphic elements
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 2 or 4 year university or college is desirable; will consider other education or relevant experience in lieu of formal degree
- Ability to read and understand assembly manuals and technical documentation
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, tablets, phones, photocopiers, email and various communication programs (Zoom, Slack, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This job requires the employee to lift at least 25 pounds infrequently.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The award-winning BILT app provides 3D interactive Intelligent Instructions® that are voice & text-guided. Beginning with a product overview, BILT includes tools required, parts included and gently directs the procedure step by step. Tap. Zoom. Rotate. Register the product. Track the warranty. BILT provides the consumer an opportunity to review the product and assign a Net Promoter Score (NPS) corresponding to a star rating. BILT has proven to increase NPS, star ratings, product registrations and brand loyalty while reducing returns, calls to customer support, assembly time and errors.
BILT empowers brands with analytics on each product and fundamentally changes the way companies connect to their consumers. Manufacturers maintain control of their content; updates to instructions can be made in real time, so they’re never obsolete. BILT supports manufacturers’ efforts to go green by minimizing paper instructions, warranty and registration cards.
*This positon is located in the Grapevine Brand Support Center in Texas. Not a remote position.