BILT Incorporated is a fast-growing software as a service company revolutionizing instructions and training for consumers and professional technicians alike. BILT creates 3D Intelligent Instructions® for thousands of products from hundreds of innovative brands and hosts them on the free mobile app. Users can manipulate the interactive animations on a touchscreen, providing a superior training differentiator for products that require assembly, installation, maintenance, programming, or repair. BILT’s mission is to create an experience so enabling and empowering it turns users into promoters of the brands we serve. Our Global Brand Support Center is located in the Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex between DFW airport and the Southlake Town Square.
About the 3D CAD Specialist Job
BILT is seeking a SolidWorks professional with 1-2 years of experience. This individual will be self-motivated, with a strong work ethic, effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and a willingness to take direction.
3D CAD Specialist Responsibilities
- Interpret existing 2D instructions and drawings to convert into 3D models
- Examine physical products and 3D model them with accurate part separation
- Manage complex tasks from start to finish with tight deadlines
- Read and understand complex manuals and technical documentation
- Pay meticulous attention to detail
- Communicate effectively and efficiently
- Learn quickly
- Demonstrate understanding of the differences between hard-modeling and soft-modeling (a background in consumer products is a plus)
3D CAD Specialist Position Qualifications
- Proficiency in Windows-based OS and Microsoft Office
- Competence in SolidWorks 3D Modeling Program, FEA is not necessary
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree from an accredited 2- or 4-year university or college is desirable in CAD drafting, engineering, or industrial design; will consider other education or relevant experience in lieu of formal degree
- US citizenship is required for Federal contracts
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, tablets, phones, photocopiers, email, and various communication programs (Zoom, Teams, Workfront, etc.) This is not a remote position.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. This job requires the employee to lift at least 25 pounds infrequently.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Activities, duties, and responsibilities may expand at any time with or without notice.
The award-winning BILT app provides Intelligent Instructions® with voice & text-guidance. The 3D animations can be manipulated on a touchscreen so users can see the product from any angle or perspective. BILT allows users to register products and leave a rating and review. BILT has proven to increase brand loyalty and customer satisfaction while reducing returns, calls to customer support, frustration, and errors. Professional technicians use BILT to improve competency, increase capacity, upskill on the go, reduce time-on-task, and prevent callbacks.
BILT empowers brands with analytics on each product and revolutionizes the way companies connect to customers. Manufacturers maintain control of their content; updates to instructions can be made in real time so they’re never obsolete. BILT supports corporate digitization efforts and green initiatives through the reduction of printed instruction manuals, warranties, and registration cards.
For more information visit BILTapp.com.
BILT, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, veterans’ status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities